Shaping the Century Vol.2 1950-2000
Delivery from US $27.87
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 21 April 2017
- In Stock
- Product code
- CD Box Set
- Decca and DG’s ‘20C’ series is devoted to the compositional high points of the 20th Century - the defining orchestral masterpieces of the era
- It presents a comprehensive overview of music from an often-turbulent era to provide the most balanced overview of 20th century composition ever created.
- The latter half of the twentieth century was a period of turbulence – both artistically and culturally – and produced a wealth of provocative and often divisive music; much of which we are still coming to terms with, and much which has hugely influenced today’s pop culture and its music. 20C – Shaping the Century Volume II surveys a musical landscape of what are sometimes disparate compositional styles, and makes the repertoire accessible to everyone with an interest in this rich musical heritage.
VOLUME TWO 1950-2000
- Decca’s and DG’s exceptionally-balanced survey of the music of twentieth century features one masterpiece from each featured composer, five composers per decade.
- Together this presents iconic works by 25 of the most iconic composers of the years 1950-2000.
- Each of the CDs includes booklet notes by leading musicologist and writer Nigel Simeone, who also curated the ‘20C’ project, which contextualise the composers and the works, as well as a timeline of 20th-Century musical premieres.
- 24 albums on 26 CDs in individual stylish mint-packs presented in a rigid two-part box